Dark Age of the Force

A Star Wars Story

It's been seven hundred years since a great plague has swept the galaxy, devastating the Jedi and Sith and leaving civilization in ruins. From these ashes, three fledgling empires have arisen, resilient and powerful; the Corellians, the Hutts, and the Mandalorians. Will you pick a side and lead your people to glory? Or will you lurk in the shadows, bent on nothing but your own goals? Step into the Dark Age and carve your name into the stars.

ARC1:

Galactic Resurgence

DA Index

A List of Helpful Links

PLOT RULES TEMPLATE COMBAT SYSTEM FACTIONS

Add Reply
New Poll

It's a Gift (Karl/Grisha)
Levaley Heim
 Posted: Jul 1 2018, 01:43 AM
Levaley Heim
Coalition
16 posts 28 years old Knight-Commander © Exxie Offline

Levy didn't particularly like bumping elbows with nobles. It was one of her least favourite things to do, in fact. She'd become sick of doing it when she was only a teenager. But unfortunately sometimes it was necessary. And once in awhile, she treated herself to finding one of them a present. It was a treat to her because hunting down such things was fun. That and if you gave a noble a present they were grateful enough to not mind when you ducked out of their speech of how beautiful it was afterwards. It was quite worth it to her. But for this noble, she was having a spot of trouble hunting down the gift. She'd gone to one of the suppliers, but they'd had it stolen. Fortunately she was decent at tracking things down, and just as good at tracking down people. She'd tracked the ceremonial weaponry to a building that she snuck inside of. She wasn't sure what was waiting there, but she was sure she'd find out sooner rather than later.

@Grisha Mercer
PM
^
Grisha Mercer
 Posted: Jul 1 2018, 11:41 PM
Grisha Mercer
Trade Empire
41 posts 37 years old Smuggler © Offline

"Come on, what's the hold-up?" the smuggler called out, trying not to look antsy. "It's just a bunch of swords, hand 'em over so you can get your cut."

"Is not that simple," the gangly Duros replied from his side of a stack of crates. "Must have money before giving over stuff, yes? Cargo is hot! Shriv is needing extra share!"

Grisha sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose, wondering what could be so risky about a load of ceremonial blasters and vibro-swords. Were the Templars onto it? Was that why Shriv was so needy all of a sudden?

"You know how this works, Shriv, we've done it before," she called back. "The buyer's only paying so much for this shit, if there's extra hazards involved that has to be paid out once the cargo reaches them. I can only pay you so much right now!"

Shriv was about to reply when something made the back of Grisha's neck itch. She'd been living in the shadows too long to ignore signs like that; her pistols were in her grasp before she was aware of it. "Get down, you moron!" she yelled back at Shriv, staring at the shadows of the warehouse behind her. What had alerted her?

She peered into the darkness with her one eye, not for the first time wishing she had the credits for a new eye already. Something moved in the darkness, and she fired at it; the crate Levaley was hiding behind sizzled and dissolved into ash! "Come out where I can see you and don't try anything stupid!" Grisha shouted. "Nice and easy! No sudden moves!"

@Levaley Heim
PM
^
Levaley Heim
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 04:07 AM
Levaley Heim
Coalition

Levy was crouched in the shadows. So then why had that smuggler managed to tell she was there? Levy couldn't help but be a bit impressed at the woman honestly. She heard the get down exclamation, and then managed to avoid being shot by rolling behind another crate. If this continued she was going to run out of crates though. Come out and don't try anything stupid huh? She replied in a clearly audible shout.

"That's kind of contradictory! COMING OUT WOULD INDEED BE STUPID OF ME WHEN YOU JUST FUCKING SHOT AT ME!" Levy had been training as a soldier since before her twentieth birthday. Being calm in situations like this one was a simple matter. She did try to think of a way to get out of this though. She hadn't really planned on being cornered so quickly. She wasn't completely out of options despite it though. She was wearing her blue white and black robe armour, and she had her weapons. She gave a sigh.

"Moons of Corellia, just...don't SHOOT at me. I'm here with a possible deal for you! I tracked you down for that." She technically had a blaster pistol of her own, but she much preferred close combat. Hopefully the smuggler was interested in a deal. At least then she could get closer up to the woman before the firefight started.

@Grisha Mercer
PM
^
Grisha Mercer
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 01:01 AM
Grisha Mercer
Trade Empire

Moons of Corellia? Who said shit like that? Was that a damned Templar skulking over there in those shadows? "Deal or not, I said come out here where I can see you!" Grisha yelled back. "I don't barter with someone I can't see!"

"What? Gate-crashers? Shoot her and be done with!" Shriv snarled, cowering behind his crates. "Fuck it, deal's off! Too much heat!"

"Don't go anywhere, Shriv, we can still-"

"Shriv is leaving!" he screamed, drawing his own blaster and firing at Grisha! It struck her in the shoulder and she yelped in pain, but turned and shot back with her other hand; her blast struck him in the chest, and his outer layer of clothing dissolved in a hot slither of decaying fabric! "BITCH! NO!"

But Grisha Mercer wasn't the type to give second chances, and she fired at him repeatedly, remorselessly, until all that was left was a pile of ashen organic... stuff. "Ew," she muttered, poking at the pile with her toe. Nothing good left... dammit! And there was still the gatecrasher in here! "Alright lady, what's your deal already?"

@Levaley Heim
PM
^
Levaley Heim
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 02:19 AM
Levaley Heim
Coalition

...Had the smuggler just honestly killed that guy for wanting to leave? Well shit, Levy knew she was fucked if she didn't behave. She stood up from behind the crate and walked with her hands visible so the smuggler knew she didn't have her weapons in her hands.

"Can we barter now? I know you have the ceremonial weaponry I'm looking for. I know you stole them. But I'm also willing to overlook that if we can make a deal." Lead with the good points right? Oh right that was another good point she'd forgotten.

"I'm looking for them for a trade gift for someone on Alderaan." Hopefully money talked, right? She was going to have to try for a reasonable price, but she really did need the gift to impress the noble she needed the support of.

@Grisha Mercer
PM
^
Grisha Mercer
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 05:18 PM
Grisha Mercer
Trade Empire

Grisha just stood there impassively, waiting for Levaley to finish stumbling over herself. But when it seemed she was done, the smuggler wasn't especially impressed. "That's it? Turn the goods over and you won't have me arrested? Not much of an offer!" and she scoffed loudly.

It was fishy, frankly. "I'd love to wash my hands of this whole affair, really, but the people I've got to deliver these things to are serious buyers. And if they don't get their shit in time, me and everyone else involve are gonna have serious problems hanging over our heads. And frankly I'm more worried about them than I am some hypothetical nobles who probably couldn't even use them right!"

She crossed her arms, one hand still clutching a pistol, and fixed Levaley with her one-eyed glower, which was usually pretty good at scaring people. "Why were you sneaking around anyway if you'd tracked us here already? Why didn't you get a bunch of your fellow goons and storm on in, arrest us and confiscate the goods? It was just Shriv and I, after all."

Of course, in a couple hours some hard blokes would come sniffing around when it became clear Grisha wasn't going to show up when she was supposed to. But that was later, and this was now, and right now she was sitting on a pile of crates that weren't doing her any good.

@Levaley Heim
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

t
o
g
g
l
e

c