Dark Age of the Force

A Star Wars Story

It's been seven hundred years since a great plague has swept the galaxy, devastating the Jedi and Sith and leaving civilization in ruins. From these ashes, three fledgling empires have arisen, resilient and powerful; the Corellians, the Hutts, and the Mandalorians. Will you pick a side and lead your people to glory? Or will you lurk in the shadows, bent on nothing but your own goals? Step into the Dark Age and carve your name into the stars.

ARC1:

Galactic Resurgence

DA Index

A List of Helpful Links

PLOT RULES TEMPLATE COMBAT SYSTEM FACTIONS

Add Reply
New Poll

Digging through mud., Satira
Darth Grandarii
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 08:18 PM
Darth Grandarii
Independent
10 posts 32 years old © Harblin Offline

Another breath of the humid air was enough to make Grandarii seething with rage. She hated this planet, she hated the hutts, she hated the fact that their empire had a high consistency of information brokers that could point her towards her goals, but she had to find herself in that. She swallowed shortly and made her way further into the town that seemed like it was made by amateurs if anything. Oh how she wished she could see the homeplanet of her ancestor, she could see it as she closed her eyes, the citadel and the city below. When her eyes opened she was focused again, she would be the strongest living being in the galaxy and she would bring the power back to the force.

She made her way into a cantina where she'd poke around some to see if she could maybe pick up a trail, if she couldn't she'd be happy to leave this shithole of a planet behind her.
She walked up to the bartender who was a Rodian male past his prime.
"I want to know if there's anyone who know where I can find things lost to time" before the man, if she could call this thing that she pulled a glass of another patron to her using the force and tilted her head towards him "Please make it quick" she smiled as he ran off to hopefully get her information.
The force had always been rare but even more so since the plague and using it to her advantage in a such a manner was risky, but she had confidence in her abilities to defend herself if he got someone to knock her down.
PM
^
Satira Skirata
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 12:47 AM
Satira Skirata
Independent
45 posts 35 years old Bounty Hunter © Karl Offline

Sitting quietly by herself at a nearby table, a tall woman with long black hair was eating. In her case, eating was not a casual affair; most of the table was full of plates of cheap cantina food, which she was chowing down on in a mechanical, efficient manner, not someone eating for taste or enjoyment but for calories, for energy, to feel full for a few moments at least.

The arrival of Grandarii brought pause to her consumption, but only briefly. There was indeed something interesting and different about that woman, but... but not as interesting as the bottomless pit of her stomach. So the hunter went back to her food, shrugging away the thought of angry, evil-looking women. If she wanted to make a fuss out of nothing, so be it; it wasn't Satira's problem.

Well, until she ran out of food. Which happened very abruptly.

"Where in the hell..." she muttered sourly, standing up to see where everyone was. "Hey you! Bring more food!" she called, staring at a waitress across the cantina. "Make it snappy, I still feel like I could eat a damn rancor before I get enough." The waitress cringed, set her tray down and hurried to the kitchens to fill the orders; thankfully there was already more plates waiting, so all she had to do was bring them out!

@Darth Grandarii
PM
^
Darth Grandarii
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 08:40 AM
Darth Grandarii
Independent

Grandarii sat and waited for the bartender to come back, absentmindedly floating the glass just an inch above the bar, spinning it in midair with a little sigh. She was ripped out of her thoughts by the loud noise of someone asking for more food and she turned to look for the annoyance and she felt it. It was like a flickering candles light where she hersel had a decent campfire, but it was there. She felt the forcesensitivity in the brute who shouted for food.

She walked closer to the woman with some interest, did she even know what power she sat on? Or well rather the power she could unlock, right now she was pathetically weak in the force and it almost made the self-titled Darth to wrinkle her nose but she kept on and slammed both her hands on the table. "Hello there, I have something I need to talk to you about" She had a wicked smile on her lips and looked at the girl, all good Darths had an apprentice, she could mold this... this brute into a weapon of her oen, a start to her empire.

@Satira Skirata
PM
^
Satira Skirata
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 04:11 PM
Satira Skirata
Independent

Weak in the Force Satira might be, she was not weak of will. "And you are...?" she replied in a nonplussed tone, giving the other woman a casual once over. Down went her eyes, and back up, slowly, considerately. Unimpressed.

She looked like a brawler, the hunter decided. Maybe a good one, even. And there was that sense of... something... swirling around her, the same kind of light she had seen in Queen Hawke of Socorro. But stronger, somehow? But that didn't excuse bad manners, no matter who you were! And interrupting Satira Skirata at her food was the height of rudeness!

"...whatever," she went on in a bored voice, shrugging and turning back to her food. "Sit down before someone gets the wrong idea, little girl. Whatever you've got to say can wait until I'm done eating, got it?" She pointed at the chair next to her and proceeded to eat her way through another plate, clearly dismissing Grandarii from her mind for now.

As bored as she sounded, there was a definite hint of iron in her voice, and the clear sense that she was not someone who would kowtow easily. She sat there as self-assured and unassailable as bedrock, intent on nothing but the task before her; a task that was clearly of some importance if the constant growl of her stomach was any indication!

@Darth Grandarii
PM
^
Darth Grandarii
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 04:34 PM
Darth Grandarii
Independent

Grandarii sighed, she was certain she could wipe the floor with the girls face, but that would work against her plans so she decided to play along with the force sensitive girl for now. "Darth Grandarii" she answered to who she was, most people didn't know what Darth entailed anymore so she did not fear using it. Then she sat down as ordered and watched this repulsive being chow down food, maybe she had made a mistake and while she waited she would try to pique her interest again.

With a small flick of her hand she pulled the girl's plate towards her, sliding it across the table, looking at it with a wrinkled nose. "How can you eat this dung?" she muttered and pushed it back, her red eyes fixated on Satira, srilling into her, showing she wasn't here to play around, the girls growling stomach didn't bother her, but she would not be ignored by a simpleton and a savage brute, especially not when she offered her the chance to get ultimate power.

@Satira Skirata
PM
^
Satira Skirata
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 04:50 PM
Satira Skirata
Independent

What the hell kind of name was 'Darth Grandarii' anyway? Definitely not the name she had been born with, if Satira was any judge. It sounded more like a title? Whatever. She'd met her kind before, crazy folks who that because they had some kind of strange ephemeral powers that it made them better than everyone else.

"I eat it one bite at a time," she replied calmly, not reacting to her food being snatched away. "It's easy to not taste food if you ignore it hard enough. And I'm good at ignoring things that could annoy me."

She finished that plate, then belched and leaned back, rubbing her belly a little. It wasn't noticeably distended in spite of the enormous amounts of food she'd just eaten. Had she already digested it? "So." She leaned forward again, resting her forearms on the table. "You're one of Those sorts, aren't you? The ones who can do funny parlor tricks like yanking plates around without touching them?"

One of them had told her she could be like that too, and she wondered if "Darth Grandarii" was gonna pull the same spiel. "What do you want with me, then?"

@Darth Grandarii
PM
^
Darth Grandarii
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 05:09 PM
Darth Grandarii
Independent

Grandarii shrugged as Satira finished her plates of food and looked less than impressed when she talked. Just waiting for her to be done sometime soon so she could tell her more about why she had approached her.
"Moving plates around is a very simple but effective way to use my powers and show off I have them, it's far from the extent to what I can do." she explained and looked the girl over and she honestly feared this person might be too umb to get what she was sitting on in ways of power.

"I can do other things, things that makes me stronger than most people, a lot faster too" she made some of the emptied flates hover above the table and twirled them as she spoke. "Weak telekinesis like this is common and easy to do, what I can do is change my body's limits, press it to become more than human, I was gonna offer to see you get your own powers, I can sense it in you and you can no doubt sense it in me"
She leaned back and hummed as the plates all fell from their levitating state, making a ruckus.
"Oh and while I'm at it, are you, or do you know someone good at finding lost artifacts?"

@Satira Skirata
PM
^
Satira Skirata
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 05:31 PM
Satira Skirata
Independent

Funny, she hadn't even asked for Satira's name yet. Did it just not even matter? Dumb bitch. Probably hadn't even heard of her either, which was annoying. Or maybe she'd just gotten used to moving in circles where everyone knew everyone else, who could say?

But all that stuff about enhancing one's body... that sounded interesting. And maybe those parlor tricks could have some use in a fight too, for tripping someone up or disarming them. And come to think, hadn't Hawke done something like that at some point...?

"I'm already more than human, but probably not in the way you mean," she replied, staring back at Grandarii with her gray eyes. Then she blinked, and her eyes were suddenly a clear green color. "I sense something about you, though, the same something I've seen in a few others as well."

She blinked, and her eyes were orange. "Can you do this, though?" she asked, using her racial telepathy to project the thought directly into Grandarii's head. "This doesn't take any special training." Another blink and her eyes were blue, and the air around Grandarii became thick, heavy, soporific. "You look a little tired... why don't you lay your head down for a few moments?" That heavy air would seem to seep into her lungs, into her very being, dragging her eyelids down...

@Darth Grandarii
PM
^
Darth Grandarii
 Posted: Yesterday at 08:41 am
Darth Grandarii
Independent

The girl claimed she was more than human but without the aid of the force that was dormant inside her which made her tilt her head some in curiosity, maybe she would be a better ally than she thought, depending on what she could do. The fact that the girl sensed something in Grandarii was no surprise, she knew she was far from powerful by the olden sith standards but she was stronger than most of the current time.

She had took notice of the eye colorchanges when her head was invaded and she shook her head to the question "Not yet but with time-" she was interrupted with another colorchange and she felt how she got drowzy from the other girl, was she trying to poison her or put her to sleep to kill or rob her? She reached to the force and leaped back with a speed that normal humans could just dream of achieving, away from the pheromones the girl was releasing.

"Don't do that again or I'll assume you have ill intentions" she warned, still standing back where she had absconded to. "And from what you have shown me I know I can do with the right training, I can achieve too, but there are other things I could teach you, like the speed I demonstrated just now..." She shook her head and blinked a few times to get away the lingering effects from the little exposure she had gotten.
"...If you have no interest I'll be on my way as to not waste my time"

@Satira Skirata
PM
^
Satira Skirata
 Posted: Yesterday at 04:53 pm
Satira Skirata
Independent

Her reaction brought a laugh from Satira, and she leaned back in her chair to let it out. "Ah... that hit the spot. Any fool can eat, but a good laugh restores the soul." Still chuckling she stood up and walked toward Grandarii, her gray eyes calculating and perceptive. "...you know what? I'll play along with you, see what you've got to offer."

She stopped a few feet away from the self-proclaimed Sith. "But let's get a few things straight first. I'm not gonna be your minion, is that clear? Or your servant, slave, bitch, submissive, none of that. I'm my own person and I expect to be treated as such."

Her eyes seemed to grow cloudy for a moment. "Don't think you can push me around or kick my ass, either. I can tell you're a martial artist, Grandarii, and so am I. And I've got my share of tricks, believe you me."

With that said, her eyes cleared up again. "You get all that? If so, great; if not, fuck off."

@Darth Grandarii
PM
^
Darth Grandarii
 Posted: Yesterday at 11:32 pm
Darth Grandarii
Independent

This girl was laughing at her and Grandarii shook her head, it was like a child was caught in the body of an adult, playing on it's whims rather than thinking actions through, letting emotions take control. The latter was the marking of a sith but the former made her a liability. She said she'd see what Grandarii had to offer and she shrugged, the girl was definitely too loose a cannon to be her apprentice, but it wouldn't hurt the force to have more strong force sensitives out there. Maybe this girl could help in restoring it to it's former glory, if kept outside of arms reach.

Grandarii's eyes rolled as she listed her demands and her thought returned to that of a child trying to get an adult to respect them even though they had done nothing to earn that respect, when she finally was done she asked if Grandarii had gotten all that and she sighed. "I got it alright, and to be frank, with your control you are nowhere near strong enough in the force to be my apprentice, and your attitude reminds me too much of a stubborn child to really wanna push you around, risking a tempertantrum, now do you wanna learn something or am I wasting my time on an overgrown baby?"

Her red eyes focused on the girl with cold calm, she wasn't trying to insult or rack down on the girl, but here she was offering secrets of the force for nothing in return and she was being met with this? If it weren't for the desperate need of force users she'd just have left already.

@Satira Skirata
PM
^
Satira Skirata
 Posted: Today at 12:59 am
Satira Skirata
Independent

The what? Force? What was this "Force" she mentioned? Was that the name of the presence she had felt her whole life? The Force... It was probably a fitting name, irregardless, if it could do all the things Miss Darth here said it could.

Whatever.

"Just so you know where I stand," she replied with a shrug. "Sure, I'll be your student. I've got a ship, shall we meet there later or head over right now?" Hopefully it was later... Satira needed to get laid if her life was about to change.

Thus far, life had taught her that heavy changes were always best met after having gotten thoroughly laid, and she had no intention of betraying said wisdom now.

@Darth Grandarii
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

t
o
g
g
l
e

c
b